Dense activities and daily routines can certainly trigger stress in most people. This condition cannot be underestimated, because high levels of stress can affect mental health and productivity. Therefore, it is important to always manage stress through some positive activities.
Well, one positive activity that you can consider is meditation. This activity is a relaxation technique that involves removing the mind from all the interesting, burdensome, or worrying things in life.
If you are curious and want to try it, of course you should not do it carelessly so that the benefits can be obtained optimally. So, what is the correct way of meditation for beginners? Come on, find out the info here!
The Right Way of Meditation for Beginners
Here are some ways of meditation for beginners so that the benefits can be received optimally, including:
1. Keep the Mind Calm. To start meditating, make sure you calm your mind first. This can be done by clearing the mind first when sitting. Also, make sure to sit in a position that makes you comfortable.
2. Set a Time Limit. As a beginner, meditation should be done with a short duration. For example, you can start a meditation with a duration of three to five minutes.
3. Focus on the Breath. As one of the most important parts of meditation, make sure to focus on your breathing. Try to inhale deeply until your stomach expands, then exhale slowly. Do it repeatedly for two minutes to get calm.
4. Keep the Mind Focused. If done right, meditation can make your mind wander. Therefore, make sure not to judge yourself negatively. Then, return your focus to the breath going in and out of the body.
5. End Meditation Slowly. When you have finished meditating for the specified duration, you need to open your eyes slowly. Next, take a moment to pay attention to the sounds around you. Also notice how meditation has had an impact on your thoughts and emotions.
Benefits of Meditation You Need to Know
In general, meditation can help concentration, relaxation, inner peace, stress reduction, to reduce fatigue or muscle tension. In fact, several studies have found that meditation can help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. Interestingly, meditation combined with conventional medical treatment is said to improve physical health. One of them is like helping to manage symptoms for certain health conditions. Examples such as insomnia, heart disease, pain, cancer, to some digestive problems.
That’s an explanation of how to do proper meditation for beginners. Maintaining mental health is indeed an important thing to do. However, also make sure to always maintain your physical health through the application of a healthy lifestyle. One of them is to fulfill all the important nutrients needed by your body, through the consumption of healthy balanced nutritious foods.